Valerie Edwards has been practicing law for over 30 years, and has a broad range of experience litigating commercial disputes, property lawsuits, wills and estates matters, insurance coverage matters, and professional liability claims. She has appeared at every level of Canadian court, including the Supreme Court of Canada.
For 12 years, Ms. Edwards was the Chair of the Class Proceedings Committee, which conducted hearings for the purpose of providing funding for class actions in Ontario.
In June 2007, Ms. Edwards trained in mediation at Harvard and has been conducting mediations ever since in matters such as:
- commercial contract lawsuits
- shareholder claims under the OBCA
- franchise litigation
- real property disputes including claims for resulting or constructive trusts
- building construction claims
- will challenges
- breach of trust cases
- professional negligence claims involving real estate agents, appraisers, accountants or lawyers
Ms. Edwards is recognized by The Best Lawyers in Canada© 2017 - Alternative Dispute Resolution, Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law and The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2017 - Professional Liability